Had a car accident? Please don’t worry!
Globe handles your accident claim from A to Z on your behalf free of charge
However, we need your cooperation to make this as easy as possible.
Please read the following documents carefully as they contain important information.
At time of rental, which protection did you use?
Click on your protection below
Used your credit card coverage
(with or without PAP – Practical Assistance Package)
We will assist you in making a claim with your credit card. Remember, this claim is ultimately your responsibility to start and to cooperate with us until it is settled. Globe acts only as intermediary to facilitate the filing process. Should the claim be denied, you remain fully responsible for the entire claimed amount.
- Your claim must be filed IMMEDIATELY by calling your credit card company. Their number is available on the back of your credit card. Please obtain a claim number and relay to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to include your contract #).
- All documents below must be complete and sent to email@example.com without delays (be sure to include your contract #)
- Copy of your Credit Card Statement showing the final rental charges. See sample.
- Copy of the Joint Accident Report. Must be filled out at all times. See sample or Print it now.
- Copy of your driver’s license (front and back, if applicable)
- Police report and police incident number and report (if applicable)
- Completed Damage Claim Form from your credit card company (if applicable). Must be obtained directly from your credit card insurance company. See sample.
Failing to comply in initiating the claims process within 48 hours will result in violation of your rental agreement.
Remember: you are ultimately responsible for the loss until it is settled and payment is received from your credit card insurer.
Globe Car Rental are not affiliated with any credit card company. This is a benefit from them to you, which you may or may not be eligible for. For more information contact your credit card company directly. We take no responsibility for any information stated herein or for any denial of claim.
Will this affect my credit card benefits; can the credit card company cancel my card?
This is a major misconception and why some clients are afraid to open a claim, even if it has no negative effect on their account. No, credit card companies won’t cancel your card when you make a claim. Some however, may do so if/when you abuse it or if there is abnormal claims (i.e. 3 major claims per year), etc… Please refer to your agreement or contact them for more information.
If I open a claim, will this affect me when I go to get insurance when I buy a car in the future?
This is a major misconception. No, it will not affect your future rates. Accidents and your claim history with car rentals are not connected to insurer’s database!
What are the reasons why my credit card can deny my claim?
While they all have different rules, some may deny a claim for these examples:
- Fraudulent claims
- Rented for longer than the maximum prescribed period
- Damage occurred with driver who was not named on the agreement
- Didn’t pay for the entire rental using the credit card
- Client not in good standing (over your credit limit)
- Delay in opening a claim
Please verify your agreement with them.
I didn’t do the damage myself and found it like that after I left it in the parking, do I still have to pay for this?
Yes, often damage occurs while you are away. You remain responsible for the vehicle until it is returned to us and verified by a physical agent.